Our architects work closely with our clients to transform facilities requirements and building concepts into highly functional, aesthetically pleasing and economically feasible environments. We utilize the latest CADD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design) systems to provide state-of-the-art techniques for design services and documents. We offer comprehensive architectural and planning services, including all phases of design services:
- Schematic Design: Information is gathered from meetings and field surveys to create design options. These options are presented so the client can visualize the different alternatives the project can take.
Design Development:Utilizing the selected schematic design, along with any requested modifications, we further developing the design documents.
Construction Documents: Preparing drawings, notes and technical specifications necessary for bidding, construction, and permit application, our construction documents have proven meet scope, and be cost effective designs.
Construction Administration (AKA Construction Period Services):Typically, checking of shop drawings, attendance at job meetings, and site visits are part of the services provided by our Architectural / Engineering team to monitor construction for compliance with the contract documents.
We construct a variety of offices, laboratories, and educational facilities. Our experience includes construction of new facilities as well as renovation of existing buildings. The importance of the budgetary and time constraints placed on construction projects is well understood. Our estimators provide accurate budgets from the beginning of design through completion. Our computer aided CPM project scheduling and bar charting enables tighter project control and projection of realistic completion dates.
With our in-house staff of experienced project managers, field superintendents and quality conscious craftsmen, we assign those appropriate to each project. As construction manager, BAI’s years of experience has developed a unique reservoir of skills with which to support our clients. We offer construction management services for all phases of the construction process:
- Bidding: Our Design department can review submitted bids, provide analysis, and help clients compare the cost figures to determine the best approach.
- Site Work/Foundations: Existing structures, not part of permanent construction, are cleared from the site. Soils are excavated and foundations are formed.
- Structure and Façade: Beams and bracing are erected to form the structural skeleton. Building façade components are added as each section is completed.
Interior Construction: The interior “fit out” includes interior walls and ceiling framework. Mechanical piping, ductwork, and electrical wiring is also put into place.
- Commissioning to Completion: All equipment systems are fully tested, the site is given its final grade, and all finishing touches are completed.
Using this approach, clients enjoy the security of single-source responsibility for both the design AND construction functions in the development of new and renovated facilities. Design is developed with our in-house architectural staff and engineering consultants. Direct labor can be provided where cost, time and quality requirements make it beneficial to the project (carpentry, concrete, etc.). CONTACT US
to discuss the benefits of single-source responsibility.”